Kerala is the southern state of India, but everyone knows that. Because everyone wants to visit it once in their lifetime and when they reach there, it’s a place no one wants to leave. When they refer it to gods own country, it suits the best when you experience it with your own eye. A utopia which looks rather unimaginable. Rich with Flora and Fauna, the place have so much to explore that it will take a whole lifetime.
Kerala can offer everything you are looking for if you love to take walk alongside seashore than it has one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. If you love the nature and prefer to wander around in the forest, they have it. if you prefer hiking up above the mountain, walking with the clouds, then Kerala has hill station. It’s a whole package if you want to spend your holiday exploring the wonder of the world.
We have selected 10 best places you should visit during your stay in Kerala. Here is the list,
- Alleppey: the place you cannot miss when you visit Kerala. Known for their backwater, it has been told that its Venice of east and once you see it, you will know it. this place has enriched the beauty of nature of God has created it for its own pleasure. The houseboat is the best tourist attraction as you cannot compare that experience with anything else in the world.
- You can rent a houseboat for a night and stay live in a luxury. Its one of the best thing you can do, and tourist are love that experience.
- There are so many places you can visit, Alappuzha Beach, Marari Beach, Punnamada Lake, Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary and Krishnapuram Palace.
- You can visit there anytime, especially monsoon can create such a romantic atmosphere. Most people prefer September to may.
- Alleppey is just 2 hours’ drive from Cochin, you can even enjoy the journey towards that place.
- Munnar: Munnar is one of the most popular hill station and honeymoon getaway. This place has one of largest tea garden which dates to British With green top hills and cloudy walkway, Munnar is the simple irresistible place.
- With great wildlife, Munnar has lots of animals and birds which is a sight for the sour eyes. They have one of the most secure places for wildlife especially some of the rarest endangered
- It has one of the highest mountain peaks on the south side of India.
- Tea garden, it has 80,000 miles of tea garden, which make it more beautiful and pictures.
- You can do rock climbing and paragliding.
- Little more than 3 hours from Cochin and you can enjoy the lavish greenery of Munnar on the way.
- You can visit it during the monsoon season in June to September. The rain and misty mountains could make your trip worthwhile.
Source : http://www.livemint.com/rf/Image-621×414/LiveMint/Period2/2017/03/30/Photos/Processed/munnar-kesE–621×414@LiveMint-f185.jpg
- Bekal : if you love the historic place to visit and this is the place you cannot miss. Bekal fort is 300-year-old near the Arabian sea which has witnessed so much. If you remember the song “tuhi re” form Bombay than you should know that it was shoot in here. Also, you can see its footage in range Basanti On one side you could see the waste ocean and on the other side beautiful greenery form the fort.
- You can visit, Valiyaparamba Backwaters, Bekal Beach, Chandragiri Fort, Kappil Beach and Bekal Hole Aqua Park.
- You can visit here in September to May to get the real experience of it.
- The nearest railway station is 12 km away and the airport is 72 km, so it’s easy to commute.
- Wayanad: the green field of Kerala, also known as paddy fields in the local If you are looking for a calm and quiet place to stay and enjoy, this is the one. Surrounded by nature serenity, its heaven on earth. Wildlife sanctuary, waterfall and mile and miles long green filed is treated to the eyes. People came here from all over the world to take an elephant shower. Which is as the name suggest, sitting on the elephant while elephant bath in the water. Trekking on chembara
peak is wonderful to experience and when you reach there, you will find a lake in a heart shape which local said that it has never dried up. At Pakshipathalam caves, is one of the best places for bird watching.
- You can visit Edakkal Caves, which is known for their carving in the cave which is 8000 years old.
- Take a wildlife tour in the forest, because it’s also recognized by UNESCO.
- You visit during October to may, if you love to trek and like to enjoy the wild side of the monsoon than you can visit in July and August.
- Kumarakom: imagine a place nearby lake where there are tranquility and calmness, its Kumarakom. Near the Vembanad Lake, this place is truly mesmerizing and awe-inspiring, with its beauty and surrounding. Authentic food, backwaters, fresh coconut juice and aromatic field of greenery will take you someplace else. You can do sigh seeing, houseboat cruising and so much more. It’s truly a stress relieving place surrounded by green paddy field and mangrove
- You can also visit Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, Valiyapally, Cheriyapally, Aruvikkuzhi waterfall, Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom Beach, Pathiramal Island and Bay Island Driftwood Museum.
- You can visit here from September to may.
- Cochin airport is just 2 hours away.
Didn’t we say Kerala has one of the best beaches in the world, that is when we were talking about Kovalam beach. This beach is known for their new year celebration and parasailing. It has one of the well-known lighthouses at the end of this crescent-shaped Bluewater, clear sky and at night, one can enjoy the sound of tide crushing at the rocks and feel the fresh air of one of the most unpolluted beaches.
- This beach is known for the lighthouse which is 30 meters high and has 140 steps to reach the top.
- Karamana River is one of the best places for backwater. It’s known kayaking, canoeing.
- You can also visit Vellayani Lake, Hawah Beach Vizhinjam Marine Aquarium, Halcyon Castle and Rock Cut Caves.
- Kozhikode: which is known as Calicut, it has historical significant and wonderful places to visit. Calicut was one of the places where Portuguese was planning to build a fort but then it was failed. Don’t miss the authentic Malabar cuisine when you visit there, it has been known it culinary skills which make you eat more.
- Vasco da Gama, the famous traveler who “found” the India, land here first, so this place has lots of history and one can enjoy it.
- Its one of the biggest city in Kerala, so you can enjoy your time here while exploring with ease.
- Don’t miss the food, especially Dum Biriyani, Chatti pathiri, Kalummakaya and the sweet halwa varieties.
- Vagamon: if you are exhausted with tiring summer heat than this is the place to visit.surrended by heels and mountain top which touch the cloud, this is the place which is renowned by international and locals. Surrounded by lilies and flowers, enriched with wildlife and greenish lush which is as far as the eye reaches.
- You can visit here from August to may.
- National geography has put it on the list of top places to visit India.
- Wildly popular for its paragliding which takes you high in the sky from where you can see the true beauty of it.
the short name for Thirusivapperoo. Everyone knows that Kerala has one of the highest gold reserves and selling. This place is also known as the gold capital of Karela because of it high trading happens during the year.its also have enriched in culture and religion and spirituality.
- Visit the Athirappilly Waterfalls, also known as Niagra fall of India. The large body of water hitting the ground with unbearable pressure makes it look magnificent.
- Vadakkunathan Temple is one of the biggest temples in Kerala which is also been award by UNESCO award for conserving and renovation of the temple.
- One of the beach name Snehatheeram Beach is the cleanest beach which attracts thousands of international tourists every year.
- Thrissur pooram is celebrated every year which is culturally spectacular with lots of colors and people around the world visit here just to attend it.
- Thiruvananthapuram: the capital city of Kerala, which is the largest and one of the highly populated area has a lot to offer. One of the reasons to visit this place is the Padmanabha Swamy Temple which made headline a few years ago when they find secret vault containing gold. The amount of gold is yet unknown as it been in large qunitity. People around the world visit the temple for its beauty and stone carvings and mural paintings.